Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Course
The MBSR programme is an accredited course that explores researched techniques and theories on mindfulness. The programme design encourages a progressive development of mindfulness skills throughout the course. Research demonstrates this format promotes lasting behavioural changes.
The course consists of two hour sessions over eight weeks. (This course can be customised to address client’s time constraints if required). The training is instructor led, with a strong emphasis on participant participation through group discussion and guided meditation sessions. The course includes a session on the practical application of mindfulness in everyday life and the workplace. The course also includes a one day retreat day.
Mental health issues are a growing societal concern, driven in part by the constant bombardment from stimuli such as emails, phones, social media etc. The greatest skills we can nurture are those that achieve mind space.
- Develop an understanding of mindfulness
- Cultivate a regular mindfulness practice
- Enhanced self and social awareness
- Understand stress, the symptoms of anxiety and identify your peak performance stress-level
- Enhance listening and communication skills
- Know the difference between RUMINATION and REFLECTION
- Understand the anatomy of emotions
- Learn to harness emotions to manage challenging situations more effectively
- Enhance resilience skills
- Learn techniques to cultivate everyday application of mindfulness
Anyone interested in developing a sustainable mindful practice that enables them to enhance their skills to respond rather than react to what is unfolding in the present moment and who is interested in learning resilience skills that engages you more skillfully with life.
Pre-evaluation course questionnaire
Introduction and course outline