Click Here To Register for The Mindful Connection January 13th 2022 @ 11.00am
A Network For People Interested in Building Sustainable Mindfulness at Work Initiatives.
The Mindful Connection is a free event that supports organisations in embedding sustainable workplace mindfulness training. The group provides a space to explore how companies integrate mindfulness into business practices.
November’s Mindful Connection Learnings
A great discussion took place at the last Mindful Connection. After group practice and the appreciative inquiry session, participants shared their experiences. The infamous mute on error happened during part of the guidance 0: and this made for an interesting discussion on how this experience landed with participants.
Presence, self-awareness, and social awareness are skills we cultivate through regular mindfulness practice, which contributes to building emotional capital. Such skills are a necessity as organisations manage the challenges posed by the pandemic and navigate remote working.
The reflective theme was on how to cultivate presence and self-awareness in the workplace. The following key points emerged from the group.
- Encourage a minute pause before a meeting.
- Purposely, with awareness ground yourself before a conversation to cultivate deep listening.
- When finding you are rushing through tasks, PAUSE, intentionally take a few deep breaths, redirect the attention to the task at hand.
- Consciously acknowledge and celebrate your achievements.
- Reflect, non-judgementally when events don’t go as planned, be aware but do not let the inner self-critic dominate should it arise.
- Notice when the monkey mind is driving behaviour.
- A mindfulness practice, followed by an appreciative inquiry session
- Group discussion on mindfulness at work theme
The network is suitable for anyone interested in implementing workplace mindfulness-based initiatives.
We do not record the sessions, to develop a community and collaborative approach we encourage participants to leave their cameras on during the interactive sessions.
Susan Keane will be facilitating The Mindful Connection. Susan has over twenty-five years of experience advising corporates on sustainable wellbeing strategies and specialises in providing training to build emotional intelligence skills. Susan is a coach and an Ibec KeepWell Mark consultant. Growing research demonstrates presence and self-awareness are essential components of great leaders which are skills that are strengthened through coaching and mindfulness tools.
Susan is a member of the MTAI and is chairperson of the MTAI’s Workplace Mindfulness Group. The purpose of this working group is to develop standards around implementing workplace mindfulness-based initiatives that adhere to the MTAI’s Code of Practice.